Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My old Quicktme 7 pro key no longer works, how do I get QT Pro 7 back?

I had to uninstall all apple products because there STUPID upgade won't work with SpeedBit, therefore I had to put Quicktime Pro 7 in my external hard drive, but when I uninstalled quicktime, I wrote down the key and also found out the purchase number, but neither keys work to get quicktime 7 pro back. LET ME BE CLEAR, APPLE, THIS WAS YOUR PROBLEM, FROM THE BEGINNING OF YOUR UPGRADES!All I want to do now is get my Quicktime 7 Pro Key to open said folder.

itunes & quiktime pro-OTHER, Windows 7, itunes 10.61, podcasting

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 5:15 PM

7 replies

Apr 10, 2012 8:14 AM in response to noondaywitch

To noondaywitch:

1. Your are correct, there are no official Apple employees in these forums - they are user to user, although, some Apple support trainees may unofficially practice their skills dealing with their future customers in this site.
  2. I have talked with Apple support many times.
  3. I hardly ever get angry on a blog or discussion forum. I've been in communication with other users in the Windows sites in a very cordial and humorous manner. I had obviously reached a boiling point after 5 weeks of dealing with Apple and felt that they were trying to cheat me out of my hard earned money. I apologize if I offended you.
  4. For a long time there has been an attitude from Mac users toward Windows users that we were somehow second class citizens and vastly ignorant, unkempt, and unwashed. I cannot afford a macintosh computer and I am completely satisfied with my HP2010i Windows 7 Home Premium. It may not be able to perform all the functions of your computer, laptop, Iphone or whatever you are using, but it's good enough for me.
  5. I appreciate that you took the time out to respond to me, but surely you have better things to do over in "Jolly Old England" than to take the time in such an elegant manner, to respond to a wild and crazy old man from "Cajunland" Louisiana.
  6. Again, thank you for your quick response and I am sorry that I accidentally stumbled on the "snowleopard" forum. You will never see me again, unless, I must respond to any comments. Good Day!

Apr 10, 2012 8:43 AM in response to Camaro_Cowboy51

The purchase of the Pro upgrade to QuickTime Player 7 happens at the Apple Store and they send you an email confirmation of the purchase info and the registration name and number.

You must enter both the name and number exactly as they appear in the email. If the name used was Mr. Robert Smith you can't enter Bob Smith. Even a missing Mr. in the name field (if used) will cause the registration to fail.

Take a close look just above your original post and you'll see this:

HT3678: Installing QuickTime Player 7 on Mac OS X v10.6 or Later

10.6 is "Snow Leopard" and that is why your post was added here. There is a separate page for QuickTime questions:

https://discussions.apple.com/community/mac_os/quicktime

My old Quicktme 7 pro key no longer works, how do I get QT Pro 7 back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.