Previous 1 2 Next 15 Replies Latest reply: May 5, 2012 3:09 PM by AlumCreek
kahjot Level 4 (1,135 points)

Installing from a new retail disc. I get all the way through the steps, but as soon as the actual installation process begins, I get an error message:

"The installation failed.

An unknown installation error occurred.

The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

I'm trying to install it on a 2010 Mac Pro with plenty of HD space, 16GB of RAM, OS 10.6.8.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 3.2 GHz Quad-Core
  • léonie Level 10 (90,714 points)

Open the "Console" applcation from "Applications -> Utilities" if it is not already running, and then try the installation again - are there any diagnostic messages or error logs, crash reports in the Console window? If a program crashes during the installation, post the error message. The first fifty lines of the crash log should suffice.

Regards

Léonie

• tama@nawa Level 1 (0 points)

Hi

i have exactly same problems on my environment. (OSX Lion, Aperture 3.1 Retail DVD Disk)

please find following Installation Log and could you please let me know how to fix this.

Thanks

Satoshi

Apr 13 01:11:24 grayling Installer[4494]: Failed install preflight: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=102 "The package “iLifeFaceRecognition.pkg” is untrusted." UserInfo=0x7fe76d6352b0 {NSLocalizedDescription=The package “iLifeFaceRecognition.pkg” is untrusted., NSURL=../Packages/iLifeFaceRecognition.pkg -- file://localhost/Volumes/Aperture/Aperture.mpkg/, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.apple.pkg.iLifeFaceRecognition, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fe76d67ec20 "The operation couldn’t be completed. CSSMERR_TP_CERT_EXPIRED"}

Apr 13 01:11:24 grayling Installer[4494]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Apr 13 01:11:25 grayling Installer[4494]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.

Apr 13 01:11:25 grayling Installer[4494]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'An unknown installation error occurred.

The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

• kahjot Level 4 (1,135 points)

After running some software updates, the problem went away. The problem, as verified by installing on another drive where Aperture had failed to be installed, was with Apple's Software Installer. Running Apple Software Installer Update 1.0 solves the problem for Snow Leopard. Tama: I haven't investigated to see if there is a similar fix for Lion, since I never use it, but it's probably worth a shot.

kahjot

i could not find Installer update for Lion and i have installed whole Software updates via apple menu already...

• Frank Caggiano Level 7 (25,715 points)

Given the error report you posted the easiest thing to do is to re-install Lion. You can do this over your current installation without disturbing your data and settings.

Of course anytime you do a re-install it is possible for problems to occur so having a good working backup would be a good idea.

Thanks Frank with your suggestion.

but i've tried reinstall Lion 2-times already and nothing has been changed...

once, i did fresh Lion re-install from Resque mode --- same error.

next, i did re-install Lion without Disk Erase --- but same error.

• Frank Caggiano Level 7 (25,715 points)

Sorry to hear that. There is one more possibility and that is to re-install using the Lion Client Combo update found here OS X Lion Update 10.7.3 (Client Combo)

There have been cases were updating from the App Store did not fix problems that were fixed by updating using the Combo updater. Might be worth a shot.

Sorry I don;t have more,

good luck

• kahjot Level 4 (1,135 points)

Aarrgghh. One problem fixed, another problem created. Since I applied the various updates, the Automator "Launch Application" services that I created a couple months ago no longer work. Worked perfectly before the updates. Very annoying.

Frank,

i tried Client Combo update.....and nothng has been changed....

so....

i hope the next OSX update 10.7.4 (releasing soon) solve this....

thanks for your great help.

Thanks

S

• Sebasvv Level 1 (0 points)

I got the same message with a clean aperture install on lion, its because the certificate signed with the iLifeFaceRecognition.pkg is expired on march 23 so set your time manualy before this date just for the install (correct it after the install).

good luck!

certificate signed with the iLifeFaceRecognition.pkg is expired on march 23

Wow! That is a surprising solution! How can you check the certificates of the packages?

Léonie

• Sebasvv Level 1 (0 points)

Sorry dont know, it just says

Schermafbeelding 2012-04-14 om 23.46.53.png

weel, that's clear enough   Thank you.

Sebasvv

since i checked the log message, i've tried to bypass the certification check... but i could not find the way.

finally, it was such a simple approach to work it !

really thanks!!!

it works perfectly.

many thanks

Previous 1 2 Next