Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using actions within masks

Is it possible to action scale an image while keeping it inside its mask?

I have several images on a slide and I want to zoom in to one of the slides, but the mask doesn't apply to the image once it scales up.

I tried selecting the scaled up image, thinking I could apply another mask, but its greyed out.

is it possible? I would like to avoid having to create a bunch of rectangles to cover up the unwanted portions after the image scales up.

I'm using Keynote '09

thank you.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 6:12 PM

2 replies

Apr 9, 2012 10:47 PM in response to j.c.c

j.c.c,

One way to do this is to use Magic Move.

Mask each of your images on the slide then clone the slide (Option-Drag in Navigator) and on the second slide re-size the image(s) you need and move others if needed. Set the slide transition for the first slide to Magic Move.

The masked images can be resized with the mask still applied.You can even resize the image within the mask and Magic Move will expand the image inside the mask except if you fiddle with it too much the transition within the mask changes from a move to a fade so keep it simple.

Apr 10, 2012 9:32 PM in response to bwfromspring hill

bwfromspring hill,

Thank you for your suggestion, I tried it and the image does not have the zoom in effect I'm looking for, it simply jumps from one to another, does not actually scale up, no fade either.

I was also looking to see if keynote could mask videos, so I could drop in a video and mask it to the size I need, and it doesn't look like keynote could do that, so I wonder if keynote just simply can't mask anything that is moving/animated?

I will build rectangles for now to hide the extra portion of the image when scaled up...

using actions within masks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.