Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does classic run in leopard?

I need to run a few programs in OS 9. Can I still run them if I upgrade my G4 powerbook to Leopard?

Power Mac G4 (Gigabit), Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 6:25 PM

6 replies

Apr 9, 2012 7:28 PM in response to Niel

Thank you for responding. I originally ran them under OS 9; but then upgraded my powerbook g4 to Tiger; so have been using Imageready 1.0 and a Tarot program under classic. I tried to follow the discussion before leopord was released; but am a simple user; so it probably went over my head. Is the 2 partition option still possible now that leopard is released and known not to support classic? I have a seagate drive to use for back ups; but don't know if I can boot from it. I haven't found any updates to these programs, and do use them regularly. Thanks for any suggestions. The only reason I would update my OS is Turbotax. This year we need Leopard to run it. I love my G4 and really can't afford a new computer. Thanks again

does classic run in leopard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.