Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail issues

hi. my issue is that ALL my EXISTING email accounts prompt for me to enter password (that exact same box), when the passwords are all correct. after several days of getting this message, sometimes they just all come in at one go. then the prompt starts again and i dun get my mail. now, fo the last one week, i am no longer getting any mail into my mac (no more prompts) .. they come in fine on my iphone... can anybody help?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.3), first time user

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 7:50 PM

8 replies

Apr 9, 2012 9:44 PM in response to amanda.zzz

That indicates your system isn't reading your password for some reason. What I'd recommend doing is to go back to the accounts settings and re-input the accounts settings, be methodical!. They may appear correct in the fields however they may be corrupt, if you re-input them then they should be OK. However before going to that trouble what I'd recommend opening Disk Utility (Applications - Utilities - Disk Utility) and Repair Disk Permissions, repair the permissions at least 2x. Then try your mail, if it still doesn't work try restarting in Safe Mode, this will clear some corrupt caches. How you do that is when you hear the startup tone hold down the Shift key until you see a progress bar. Let is fully boot, test the mail while you're there and either way restart normally. If still no job then re-input the settings.

mail issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.