Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just tried to redeem my gift card i recieved from family from Christmas and it says it was cancelled? I just now scratched the code off, so it hasn't been used. What now?

It says it was cancelled but i have just now scratched the Code off on the back. So it has never been used. i got it from family as a gift for Christmas. So now i can't use it. What do I do?

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 9:50 PM

4 replies

Jul 9, 2012 6:45 PM in response to b j t

BT - I have similar situation as original poster. With a cancellation, the code is not "invalid, inactive, or illegible." It is cancelled. There is nothing we or the OP can do, and Apple won't disclose who cancelled, when, or why. We simply have a gift/purchase that we cannot use. So your response tells the OP to do something which is futile.

Jul 17, 2012 4:25 AM in response to Cancelled Itunes Card Holder

"Resolution

Make sure you've entered the code exactly as it appears on your card. If the code is illegible, try to enter the code as best as you can. Invalid code messages typically mean that the card activation number may have been mistyped. Please read your code carefully. The following letters and numbers can look very similar:

The letter A and the letter H

The letter B and the number 8

The letter D and the number 0

The letter E and the number 3

The letter G and the number 6

The letter H and the letter W

The letter J and the number 1

The letter M and the letter N

The letter O and the number 0

The letter P and the letter F

The letter Q and the letter O

The letter Q and the number 0

The letter S and the number 5

The letter S and the number 8

The letter V and the letter U

The letter Z and the number 2

If you're still unable to redeem your code after verifying the characters in the code, you'll need to contact iTunes Store Support for help. You'll need to provide the activation code and serial number from the back of your iTunes Gift Card."

May 1, 2014 4:36 AM in response to b j t

Update on the Fafard class action lawsuit involving the cancelled Itunes gift cards here:

http://www.courthousenews.com/2014/04/22/67224.htm

Apparently, although complaint there suggested involved Best Buy only, it was the intermediary used by Apple that cancelled the cards not either Best Buy or Apple itself. Settlement would reinstate (make active) old gift cards.

I just tried to redeem my gift card i recieved from family from Christmas and it says it was cancelled? I just now scratched the code off, so it hasn't been used. What now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.