Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does the Seagate Momentus XT 750GB Hybrid Drive fair in the Macbook Pro?

I'm very big on content (music, movies, etc.) and am finnaly running out of space on my stock 500GB HD.

Obviously I need to go bigger and I would like to improve speeds. Given the space I need, I can't afford an SSD. However, I'm very interested in the 2nd Generation Hybrid drive from Seagate. It seems like they bumped up the specs and capacity from the 1st Generation drive and I was wondering if anyone has installed it in their Macbook Pro (I'm working off a 13" 2011 Model) and can give me their input?

Given the faster drive speeds (7200RPM), in addition to the 8GB of SSD, I'm expecting some battery loss. I've read a few reviews with ridiculous amounts of battery loss and I wanted to see what other have experienced.

I guess I'm just concerned with the drive in general....is it good, any failures?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 11:05 PM

There are no replies.

How does the Seagate Momentus XT 750GB Hybrid Drive fair in the Macbook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.