Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I play a powerpc DVD play on 10.7.3

I am up against the wall with a time sensitive issue. I am trying to learn the new Neonatal Resuscitative Procedures, 6th Edition, released this year. It has a modern DVD. Claims compatibility with most any computer out there.

But not 10.7.3, that is for sure. I followed and refollowed all the read me and such to get it to work. It says "You can't open the application NRP2011 because PowerPC applications are no longer supported."

Help?

Is there any way to play this disc on my computer? Any emulators or something that will help what it thinks is a powerpc disc?

It may or may not be powerpc, or may have a powerpc version included. It claims compatibility with all powerpc and intel macs.

I suspect with the newest OS X, it is so hard core intel that anything that smells of the old powerpc days is verboten. Just my guess.

Help? Quickly? Big test coming up. Says I might need to install Rosetta, whatever happened to that?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 2:30 AM

3 replies

Can I play a powerpc DVD play on 10.7.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.