Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Good morning

Good morning, I updated Leopard with Snow Leopard, everything was perfect, I have a problem with the photos, the program should download the photos from the camera to your computer is slow and does not work, what should I do?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 2:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 6:12 AM

Many cameras have digital media cards which are more compatible through USB readers than directly connected to the computer. The advantage of using a reader, is that you don't waste valuable camera battery life. It would help to know what camera you have.

21 replies

Apr 10, 2012 10:21 AM in response to LUCA COLTORTI

Yes a SIM card reader that supports the same standard as your camera. Leopard was the last operating system Apple had that supported PowerPC applications on PowerPC Macs. Snow Leopard may work better if you install Rosetta. Rosetta is gone with Lion, and you need to make sure that whatever application you have is coded for Universal code for the Mac. Easier would just be to get a driverless SIM card reader. Sans Disk makes quite a few models. Check with them which works best with 10.5, 10.6, and 10.7 that supports your SIM card. 2006 was right when Apple started moving to Intel Macs, so the pre bundled software that came with your camera probably is not ready yet for full Universal support, but an update may be available from Nikon.

Apr 11, 2012 3:58 AM in response to a brody

So you say that if I install Rosetta might work? how do I make sure the applications that I have the universal code for mac?

when I installed Snow Leopard I have not formatted anything, I inserted the CD and Mac did a simple upgrade, this is correct?

Where can I find Rosetta? is an official program mac? I can download from the Appstore?

Should I? work?

Really thank you very much, I'm really interested the mac world, I think they are the best .....

Apr 11, 2012 4:45 AM in response to LUCA COLTORTI

Rosetta is on the SL install disc as an optional installation.

To check what versions of software you have, open the System Profiler;

 > About This Mac > More Info

and go to the software section (down the left side) and select Applications. That will bring up a list of all applications on your Mac (takes a little while to load, so don't panic if nothing seems to be happening for a minute).

One of the columns gives you the application type - Intel, Universal, PowerPC, (and just possibly Classic if you've migrated from 10.4)

Intel - will run only on Intel processors

Universal - will run on Intel or PPC processors

PowerPC - will run only on PPC processers or under emulation in Rosetta

Classic - won't run at all.

Apr 12, 2012 7:11 AM in response to LUCA COLTORTI

If you still can't download directly from the camera, it's certainly the next choice.

As a matter of interest, does the camera icon appear on the desktop?

Have you tried double clicking on that then simply dragging the photos to a folder on the Mac?

If the software you're using is Nikon's, have you tried using the built-in Image Capture app?

Good morning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.