Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I run MS Office on the iPad 3?

I bought a cd and run the new version of office on my macbook Pro. I would like to be able to use it on the iPad when I buy it. If I can use it, how do I load it on the iPad and do I need a new license?

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 8:00 AM

Sorry, there is no version of MS Office for an iPad.

11 replies

Apr 10, 2012 8:02 AM in response to RonyTeynes

No, as Microsoft haven't made an app version of it - you can only install apps that are available in the iTunes app store, 'normal' PC and Mac software are not compatible with the iPad.

There are a number off apps that support office documents e.g. Apple's Pages app for Word docs, Numbers for Excel spreadsheets and Keynote for Powerpoint. And from third-parties Documents To Go and QuickOffice Pro HD

Apr 10, 2012 8:39 AM in response to RonyTeynes

You can sync your calendar and contacts from Outlook to the built-in Calendar and Contacts apps. I don't use any third-party apps instead of them as they do what I need, but there may well be apps with more features/functionality in the app store - if somebody else knows of one then they might reply, but you might need to post a new question as you've marked this thread as answered so people might not read it.

Apr 10, 2012 8:43 AM in response to RonyTeynes

I'm a novice to iOS products and the new IPad is my first, but I have all my Outlook Exchange email, calendar and address (contacts) on my new (3rd generation) IPad. If you use Exchange there should be no problem. Documents To Go is available in the App Store and you can work on any word, excell and powerpoint doc from that just as if you were in a pc environment. If you get the paid full version rather than the free version, you can edit and comment, and do more things. It's much more flexible and worth the $$. Although my IT people here at work tell me that IWorks, the Apple equivilent to Documents to Go, is fairly similar, you may want to stay with Documents to Go, as it appears that is what you are most familiar with and will be most comfortable.

Can I run MS Office on the iPad 3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.