Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I installed Boot Camp on Windows 7 PC (No Mac computer!)

I was trying to install drivers in order to use a Magic TrackPad that I got. I read somewhere that I had to use/install Boot Camp on my PC. Well, I did so... however, I have no Mac... it's a 100% Windows 7 PC. So, I was able to install Boot Camp 3.0 and 3.1 (I think!) When I try to boot my machine, it will NOT boot anymore. What can I do? Could someone please help me? I noticed that the name of my main C: drive changed to "BootCamp"... it did this automatically. I tried to fix the MBR via the Windows 7 Installation DVD, but no success. :-( Someone, please help!

Thank you!

Minime is not evil anymore!

Windows 7

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 9:40 AM

7 replies

Apr 10, 2012 9:56 AM in response to EvilMinime

Apple "Boot Camp" is the motherboard chip support. You dont' have a Mac logicboard.

Windows does not like having mobo drivers that don't belong.

Try to restore to before this began, or where is your system image (Paragon has disk to disk "Clone OS" which are even bootable)

If there is support on a PC then it would just be a TrackPad driver that comes on CD etc for that one device.

Apr 10, 2012 10:04 AM in response to The hatter

No, I cannot do a system restore as there is/was not any system restore point. I do not care about the drivers for the Magic Trackpad anymore... I just want to get my PC back to the way it used to be... in other words, I'd like to have it boot again. I am able to 'see' the contents of the Hard Drive by means of the Windows 7 DVD; have tried to fix the MBR by doing bootsect /fixmbr and other commands, but still no success.

Is there ANY WAY to get rid of BootCamp or undo whatever Boot Camp has done to my HD by means of a Linux CD or Windows 7 Installation CD or anything else? Is the MBR what has been changed? Any GOOD ideas or suggestions will be welcome. Please, forget about the Magic Trackpad... I just want to get Windows 7 to boot again.

Thanks.

Apr 10, 2012 10:38 AM in response to The hatter

Ok, but can Acronis and Paragon (and Windows) uninstall a driver from a Hard Drive that contains an OS and does not boot?? As I mentioned previously, there was NO SYSTEM RESTORE point on the Hard Drive/OS... is it possible to go to a previous 'state' with Acronis/Paragon/Windows install DVD?? If so, any suggestions as to any websites that may lead me in the right direction as to how to go back to a previous 'state' on the HD by using any of the software/programs mentioned?

thanks

Apr 10, 2012 10:42 AM in response to EvilMinime

Nooo those are what you do BEFORE you run into a ditch, so you have a system restore image or even a bootable backup - with this being patch Tuesday I made backups over the weekkend and yesterday just in case.

There are features in paragone HDM 12 to sandbox but it is all about prevention and planning.

And why isn't there a system restore point and didn't try that first? (just rhetorical question though)

Apr 10, 2012 10:47 AM in response to The hatter

Good info to know! Well, I'm in the process of doing so many backups and VMWare images. I was just starting with this new OS (upgrading from Windows XP), but had not backed it up yet. I had tons of things already installed, which would take a long time to reinstall. At this point, I may have no other option but to start over. In any case, if anyone has a solution to my booting problem, I'll greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again!

I installed Boot Camp on Windows 7 PC (No Mac computer!)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.