Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I change the default email address that sends responses to invites?

Whenever I send a response to an invite the original sender gets my response but they can't tell the response is from me. I can't change the email account information so is it possible to change the email address that is conected to iCal? For example, I get an invite at my work address but when I respond to the invitation through iCal, the sender will see the response coming from another persona, not my work persona. If I respond via email they see the correct information. Hope the question is clear enough...

iCal-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 10:35 AM

4 replies

Apr 12, 2012 7:10 AM in response to Austin Kinsella1

I am having a similar problem. When I reply to an invitation in iCal, the reply is sent from my gmail account. I don't understand how iCal decides which address to use.

Having read similar threads, I've now changed my own Contacts card so that the two emails I want to use are first in the list. I have a work, a home, a me.com, and a gmail account, listed in that order. I just checked iCloud, and it appears that iCloud has not yet updated my Contacts to reflect the changes I made an hour ago ... does it take that long?

I don't understand why iCal doesn't use the email address to which the invitation was sent for the response.

I hope someone out there can help!

Feb 20, 2014 5:51 PM in response to andreasjw

I've got a crazy issue. I "deactivated" my Facebook account about a week ago. Tonight I went to iCalendar to add a yearly reminder. ONLY my Facebook email shows up (honestly, I didn't even know I have a Facebook email address). I deleted the event. Input it again. Nope. Only my FB email address. Why doesn't iCalendar "see" ANY of my other email addresses? Any clues anyone?

Can I change the default email address that sends responses to invites?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.