Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 home button not working

So on my last thread, I said that my 3 month old iPad 2 button was very intermittent. Now, it has completely stopped working. I don't have access to an apple store until April 24-28. If I take my iPad 2 in that week, is it guaranteed that I get a "new" one right there and then on the spot? Since I don't live anywhere near an apple store, I can't just leave my iPad there and wait for a new one to be sent to me because I don't have a shipping address. So to make a long story short, do I get a replacement right there and then on the spot? Any experiences you guys have had? Thanks

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 1:17 PM

We are users. Apple is not here. Apple does not answer questions here. There are no guarantees that anything will happen as you want it to. If they have the correct model in stock, in all likelihood they may exchange it for you on your visit. Apple usually tries to help customers.

Have you tried to recalibrate the Home button?

Calibrate the home button

1. Open a stock iOS app, such as Contacts

2. Press & hold the sleep/wake button at the top of your device until the red slider control appears.

3. Immediately release the sleep/wake button and press & hold the home button. Hold until the red slider disappears.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2012 1:17 PM in response to techgirl242

We are users. Apple is not here. Apple does not answer questions here. There are no guarantees that anything will happen as you want it to. If they have the correct model in stock, in all likelihood they may exchange it for you on your visit. Apple usually tries to help customers.

Have you tried to recalibrate the Home button?

Calibrate the home button

1. Open a stock iOS app, such as Contacts

2. Press & hold the sleep/wake button at the top of your device until the red slider control appears.

3. Immediately release the sleep/wake button and press & hold the home button. Hold until the red slider disappears.

iPad 2 home button not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.