Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I switch off Versions in Safari?

Hi,

I'm trying to switch off 'Versions' in Safari on my mother's MacBook Pro because she's frustrated that Safari doesn't open on her homepage every time she launches it but instead re-opens the windows / tabs from her last session.

Does anyone know how to launch the alert box that lets you untick the option for Safari to 'remember' your windows / tabs from your last session?

(I even tried shutting down to see if the alert box would appear but it didn't.)

Just FYI - solutions I've already suggested to her are:

Close all open tabs and windows before quitting Safari - so it *opens to her homepage on launch, (*she insists that doesn't always work though. Has anyone here experienced that?)

• Alternatively, open Safari Preferences and choose to make each new tab open on her homepage as well as new windows, (but she doesn't want to do that.)

If anyone here can advise us as to how to launch the alert box to untick the option, we'd be very grateful.

Thanks everyone!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 2:14 PM

System Preference > General (under Personal) > Number of recent items

Untick the box next to

"Restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps".

Hope this helps.

2 replies

How do I switch off Versions in Safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.