Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ATI Radeon HD 5570

Hello,

I think I maybe in a little trouble, I'm really hoping not. I have a MacPro with Mac OS X Version 10.5.8. I'm running Final Cut Pro 6. My graphics card just went bad and I purchased the ATI Radeon HD 5570 card. Once I put the card in and try to open up Final Cut Pro I received the following errors: "Final Cut requires that your system have a Quartz Extreme Capable Video Card. Final Cut Pro recommends that your system have 64 MB of VRAM, this system has only 0 MB of VRAM." Of course my question is, is there anyway to get Final Cut Pro 6 to work with this new graphics card. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bradley From PA

Final Cut Pro 6, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 3:38 PM

9 replies

May 8, 2012 8:15 AM in response to bradleyfrompa

Bradley,

I'm having the exact problem that you had with the ATI Radeon HD 5770 Card. When trying to open Final Cut Pro on my Mac Pro 10.5.8, it says I need a Quartz Extreme Capable Video Card. What did you actually do to get Final Cut Pro to open? Nothing in Final Cut Studio will open because of this problem.

Also, I use dual monitors and only one monitor works when both are plugged in via a Mac mini to DVI adapter and the DVI port. I reversed the ports with the monitors and then the other monitor that wasn't working then worked. It seems to only recognize one monitor. My old G5 had no problems with the dual monitor set-up.

Any solutions on what I should try?

Thanks Dave

ATI Radeon HD 5570

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.