Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues renaming events in Iphoto 11

When I try to renam an event I type a few characters then it saves the new unfinished name. ie - 2012 - D, I then saaves before I am finished typing. Seems keyboard and program are sensitive.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3), Iphoto 11

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 4:18 PM

28 replies

May 31, 2012 6:01 AM in response to HullyGully

I have the exact same issue. Only for me, it's when I try to use a number in the name of the event.

Example, last night I took a ton of screen shots off my iPhone 4S. I sync'd them into iPhoto. And when I try to name the Event "iPhone 4S Screenshots for Resync" I get as far as "iPhone " (space included). As soon as I hit the "4" it ends my renaming session. If I type out "Four" it's fine, but the number itself, 4, or any number, seems to end the edit of the name.

Huge bug if you ask me. Since, well, People use numbers in their dates and names all the time.

And an update moments later. While I was trying to edit it, iPhoto was doing something over on the left. Once it finished, I then was able to do my edits just fine to the Event names.

OP - Have you tried letting iPhoto sit for a while to do whatever it is doing in the background and wait a few minutes before trying to edit the event names? And have you noticed if it was numbers vs letters that "stopped" the renaming session?

Oct 7, 2013 9:09 AM in response to wkathym

Try the following:

1 - delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your

User/Home/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete iPhoto's cache file, Cache.db, that is located in your

User/Home/Library/Caches/com.apple.iPhoto folder (Snow Leopard and Earlier).

User uploaded file

or with Lion and Mt. Lion from the User/Library/Containers/com.apple.iPhoto/
Data/Library/Caches/com.apple.iPhoto
folder

User uploaded file

3 - reoboot, launch iPhoto and try again.

NOTE: In Lion and Mountain Lion the Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and hit the Enter button - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder.

Issues renaming events in Iphoto 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.