Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Apple forcing me to buy an Android phone?

I am paying hundreds of dollars a month because Apple has refused to let any Canadian carriers sell iPhones with North America Wide unlimited Talk & Data plans. However all of them offer this on Android (with HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS IN SAVINGS).

Why can't apple allow at least 1 phone with this type of plan? I would LOVE to be spending this money on other apple products, rather than paying the wireless providers!!!

THIS *****!!!

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 5:07 PM

15 replies

Apr 10, 2012 8:44 PM in response to ONEBADMANONE

It's not my supplier. Here in Canada we have at least 5 carriers that offer the iPhone. TELUS, Rogers, Fido, Koodo, and Bell. Not one of them are able to offer the iPhone with unlimited data & voice plans.

However ALL OF THEM offer Android phones with this option, as well as HTC Phones, and Blackberry....in fact every carrier offers North American unlimited data and voice plans with every other phone manufacturer...the ONLY phone you can't get it with is the iPhone.

There isn't any way these carriers could all be avoiding this type of plan unless they were being told they couldn't. I wouldn't have believed the salespeople in the stores if I hadn't been told the same thing in every store on the same day!!

I currently my family owns 3 Apple computers, 2 iPhones, 1 iPad and 1 apple TV.

It's a shame that I have to go android with my phone now, but it appears that apple isn't interested in helping consumers maintain reasonable plan pricing against google.

Apr 10, 2012 8:52 PM in response to ONEBADMANONE

APPLE IS NOT TELLING CARRIERS TO DO LIMITED DATA!!! What part of that don't you understand? I have Sprint and have unlimited Data. AT&T and Verizon used to offer unlimited data but after a while they decided that iphone users were sucking down too much data and they started limiting data.

All the Carriers you listed have decided to give all phones except iphone unlimited data. YOU NEED TO TALK TO THEM. IT IS NOT APPLE'S FAULT YOU HAVE CRAPPY CARRIERS IN CANADA.

Apr 10, 2012 9:14 PM in response to ONEBADMANONE

If you are as BADMAN as you claim, then you should be able to go back to the store, dictate the price you want to pay each month and what you will be getting for that amount. Then you will walk out with the phone of your choice and the plan of your choice.

But you will need to impress them more than you are impressing ths forum.

Good luck.

Apr 10, 2012 10:37 PM in response to ONEBADMANONE

Maybe the carriers have a bigger group of iPhone users then any other phone. So, to entice people to buy the other phones besides the iPhone (maybe to clear out stock) they offer unlimited Talk, Data, And Texting. Here in the US AT&T and Verizon both offer unlimited Talk + Text but data is tiered, but Sprint offers unlimited everything. It is not something Apple controls, but that the carrier does. I don't know why carriers up there in Canada are odd like that unless, like I said, they want to sell more Android devices. Do any Android devices use Micro-Sims? If so, maybe you can buy that phone, have it activated and install the Sim-Card into your iPhone. It might not work, but its worth a try, if you can return the other phone.

Why is Apple forcing me to buy an Android phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.