Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

facetime and imessage fix

facetime and imessage is now connecting. done some changes in the wifi settings. now it is ok

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 5:58 PM

8 replies

Apr 11, 2012 12:56 PM in response to sanjayfromcoimbatore

No can do. I won't change my DNS, because if I have to redo everything if it doesn't work I would be very upset. Besides, my FaceTime and iMessage have worked just fine right from the day I bought it.

Also, that may not work for me as we are in different countries and have different carriers and such.

I was just curious why any of those settings would have to be changed to make FaceTime and iMessage work.

Sep 7, 2012 1:52 PM in response to sanjayfromcoimbatore

Doesn't work for me either. I've tried both the 8.8.4.4 and 8.8.8.8 and none work. I wonder why so many ppl can use this to solve, but so many cannot. Well I'm still searching for a solution, but more than anything I'd like to know why they both just stopped working for me suddenly. Wasn't through an update or any settings changes. Just stopped in the middle of the day.

facetime and imessage fix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.