Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't disconnect iPhoto on LaCie drive

My iPhoto program is fozen open....for some reason I cannot shut it down. It's located on a external LaCie drive. Any suggestions on how to shut down would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3), PC (business)

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 7:31 PM

Greetings,

Just to be clear: When you say iPhoto is on the external drive I assume you mean the iPhoto Library not the iPhoto Application. The iPhoto Application should always be in Macintosh HD > Applications.

If you cannot quit iPhoto by pressing Command + Q on your keyboard then Force Quit it.

If that doesn't work the you'll have to turn the computer off by pressing and holding the power button on the back.

Hope that helps.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2012 7:31 PM in response to Rainmaker1

Greetings,

Just to be clear: When you say iPhoto is on the external drive I assume you mean the iPhoto Library not the iPhoto Application. The iPhoto Application should always be in Macintosh HD > Applications.

If you cannot quit iPhoto by pressing Command + Q on your keyboard then Force Quit it.

If that doesn't work the you'll have to turn the computer off by pressing and holding the power button on the back.

Hope that helps.

Can't disconnect iPhoto on LaCie drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.