Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong ID in App Store

Okay, i know this has been asked a lot but nothing has solved my problem.

My friend use his account on my iPhone and downloaded a few apps for me. but since a lot of apps update a lot, i got annoyed having to bug my friend to do it for me.

So i download/purchased the app on MY own account. But every time an update shows up, it still show his. My iTunes shows that its my account.

I have already...

Signed off --> sign back in

Signed off --> forced restart --> sign back in

delete app --> redownload

Im out of ideas and i cant find anything. Its just annoying having to delete app and reinstall it, i completely beat a game, waiting for the next update for more levels, and since i removed and deleted, it deleted all of it, had to start over... Also dont want to be downloading tomtom(1.7GB) every time a new update comes...

anyone can hep me?

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 6:59 PM

5 replies

Apr 10, 2012 7:08 PM in response to HSUEA001

Did you also delete the app purchased on his Apple ID from iTunes, and then redownload it using your Apple ID? If not, you may be syncing the version tied to his ID back to your phone when you sync. I would try deleting the app from both your phone and from iTunes, then redownload it as a past purchase in iTunes, being sure that you are signed in with your Apple ID, and sync it back to your phone.

Apr 10, 2012 7:17 PM in response to randers4

I checked all the iTunes app, all are registered in my name. Settings --> app store is in my Apple ID as well, Apple Store Apple ID is my Apple ID as well. This happens to basically ALL my apps, even ones that i purchased recently. Whats also weird is my iPad will sometimes update it...

Message was edited by: HSUEA001

Wrong ID in App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.