Skip navigation

Wrong ID in App Store

273 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2012 7:30 PM by randers4 RSS
HSUEA001 Level 1 Level 1 (90 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Apr 10, 2012 6:59 PM

Okay, i know this has been asked a lot but nothing has solved my problem.

My friend use his account on my iPhone and downloaded a few apps for me.  but since a lot of apps update a lot, i got annoyed having to bug my friend to do it for me.

So i download/purchased the app on MY own account.  But every time an update shows up, it still show his.  My iTunes shows that its my account.

I have already...

Signed off --> sign back in

Signed off --> forced restart --> sign back in

delete app --> redownload

Im out of ideas and i cant find anything.  Its just annoying having to delete app and reinstall it, i completely beat a game, waiting for the next update for more levels, and since i removed and deleted, it deleted all of it, had to start over... Also dont want to be downloading tomtom(1.7GB) every time a new update comes...

anyone can hep me?

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1
  • randers4 Level 9 Level 9 (53,225 points)
    Apr 10, 2012 7:08 PM (in response to HSUEA001)

Did you also delete the app purchased on his Apple ID from iTunes, and then redownload it using your Apple ID?  If not, you may be syncing the version tied to his ID back to your phone when you sync.  I would try deleting the app from both your phone and from iTunes, then redownload it as a past purchase in iTunes, being sure that you are signed in with your Apple ID, and sync it back to your phone.

Apr 10, 2012 7:23 PM (in response to HSUEA001)

That's a mystery...I would then try contacting iTunes store support and see if they can sort it out:

http://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html.  Apps registered to your ID should not be requesting authentication with someone else's when updating; perhaps they can remedy this.

Apr 10, 2012 7:30 PM (in response to HSUEA001)

Good luck.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.