Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

windows vista home dell 1320c

All, I have a Airport Extreme for my home wifi. Recently got an airport express to make my USB printer (DELL 1320c) a wireless printer.

Seems to work PERFECTLY when initiating print jobs from my iMac.

I can not get it to work when initiaiting jobs from my Dell XPS running Windows Vista home Premium SP2.

So far I have only done the following:

Download and install Bonjour for Windows.

Launch and it recognized Dell 1320c printer

Does not pick the driver so I guide the prompt from Dell to Dell INC and select proper printer (only one there - my 1320c)

Set as default.

Close printer.

When I launch a print job nothing happens. Am I missing a crucial / foundational step??

Thank you.

Windows Vista, dell 1320c color laser printer

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 7:15 PM

3 replies

Apr 21, 2012 5:52 PM in response to ethanchicago

I have this problem too. Here's my setup:

Windows 7 >==ethernet==> Airport Express (7.6.1) >==USB==> Dell 1320c

I have the latest drivers, my PC is completely up to date with the latest Windows updates. When I try to print a page, it just sits in the queue. I am also unable to use the dell tools to connect to the printer to get its status.

I have tried using Bonjour as well as configuring the TCP/IP connection manually. Here are the settings for the printer:

* Standard TCP/IP Port

* Port 9100

* Raw

* bidirectional support is enabled

* Print processor: winprint, Data type: RAW

* Dell Color Laser 1320c Driver

* Spooling, start printing when last page is spooled

* Not shared (through this computer)

I tried disabling my firewall, my antivirus, etc., and I was able to telnet to port 9100 on the IP where my printer is supposed to be (same IP as the AE, right?)

If anyone knows of anything that I might be able to try to solve this, I would really appreciate the help. I am at my wit's end 🙂

windows vista home dell 1320c

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.