My iTunes has no internet connection whatsoever. It is the only program I have with this problem and I have tried a ton of stuff so it is getting frustrating . I am on Windows 7 with iTunes 10.6. My symptoms are iTunes cannot do anything, no store, no iPhone update server, signing in/out doesn't appear to do anything, authorizing/deauthorizing computer doesn't appear to be working, check for updates doesn't work, GIANT MESS.
So i have tried:
- Proxy settings are the way they should be
- iTunes diagnostics tells me sucre link to iTunes store failed but the help button does nothing because iTunes has no internet to look up the solution LOL
- Reauthorizing (not sure if anything happened at all)
- Turning off firewalls/antivirus
- Lightly tossing computer over a cliff (satisfying but not helpful)
Does anyone have a similar issue or a solution/idea for me?
Close your iTunes,
Go to command Prompt -
(Win 7/Vista) - START/ALL PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES, right mouse click "Command Prompt", choose "Run as Administrator".
(Win XP SP2 & above) - START/ALL PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES/Command Prompt
In the "Command Prompt" screen, type in
netsh winsock reset
Hit "ENTER" key
Restart your computer.
If you do get a prompt after restart windows to remap LSP, just click NO.
Now launch your iTunes, and see if it is working now.
If you are still having these type of problems after trying the winsock reset, refer to this article to identify which software in your system is inserting LSP:
iTunes 10.5 for Windows: May see performance issues and blank iTunes Store