Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Added movie (already converted to mp4 format) to iTunes library in my PC, syncronized to iPad2, now how to locate and play it in iPad2?

Added movie (already converted to mp4 format) to iTunes library in my PC, syncronized to iPad2, now how to locate and play it in iPad2?

iPad 2, Windows XP

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 10:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2012 10:33 PM

If you've synced it successfully then it should be in the Videos app :

User uploaded file

11 replies

Apr 10, 2012 11:23 PM in response to sicbec

No. If it is properly synced over, you can view offline.

Connect your iPad again to your computer, select iPad under 'Devices' on iTunes left Pane, then on the right Pane, select Movies tab, make sure SYNC MOVIES tab is checked and the video you want it to be synced over is also checked. Then click the SYNC or APPLY button on the lower right window.

Feb 4, 2013 10:21 AM in response to up north girl

On your computer's iTunes if you select that video and do 'get info' (control-I), then on the popup on the Options tab change it's 'Kind' to 'Movie' from 'Home Video'.

To sync it to your iPad, connect the iPad and select it on the left-hand sidebar of your computer's iTunes (if you have iTunes 11 on your computer then you can enable the sidebar via option-command-S on a Mac, control-S on a PC), and then on the right-hand side use the Movies/Films tab to select and sync it to the iPad's Videos app.

Jan 10, 2014 7:15 AM in response to sicbec

I followed all suggestions. When I synch my iPad with iTunes on my windows based laptop, it seems as if the video is being transfers but it does not appear in the video app on my iPad. When I look at my iPad in iTunes, I can go to the tab that shows what is on this iPad, look under movies and see the movie listed. However, it has a gray broken circle in front do it and if I right click and go to options, it shows it is "unavailable". I have been massing with trying to figure this out for days.... Hoping its some minor thing I'm missing. Suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.