Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I want to get the Mountain Lion this summer, must I buy it or if I get a new mac, Mountain Lion will be installed?

All above 🙂

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 12:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 12:55 AM

AppleMacMindfreak wrote:

All above 🙂

Wait until it's released. new computers released at the same time as ML will be shipped with it. Other than that, nobody know so nobody can speculate. Probably the same setup as Lion.

Pete

3 replies

Jun 5, 2012 10:36 AM in response to AppleMacMindfreak

i will try to solve your question.

i am studying computer science, and we have to read about every new tech.. the new update will have Mountain Lion, the 11 jun in wwdc (world wide developers conference) will talk about it, if u want to see it check http://www.ustream.tv/ltktv, its amazing!!!!

u dont have to have lion os, what u must have to get mountain L is an AppStore, because it going to be available just on it

Jun 5, 2012 10:53 AM in response to AppleMacMindfreak

Even if buy a new Mac after ML is released, that doesn't insure it will be installed. It should entitle you to a free upgrade.

The best way to be sure ML is installed is to order from The Apple Store, as resellers have lots of older inventory Even then, there may be older inventory. But Apple is your best bet for shipping with the latest system imaged at the factory.

If I want to get the Mountain Lion this summer, must I buy it or if I get a new mac, Mountain Lion will be installed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.