Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone seen an issue where meeting requests on the iphone get truncated in the notes field? We recently had an issue where a meeting invite with webex info was cut off in the notes field on the iphone.

I have a user who was forwarded a meeting request in Outlook and the invite contained a url with webex information. When the user went to join the call, they realized that in the notes field the webex info was truncated. In fact it was truncated in Outlook as well on the desktop. When the user found the original email all the information was there, however it never made it to the iphone. Any ideas or anyone ever seen something similar. I can't be certain at what point it was truncated, Outlook or the iphone.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 7:50 AM

16 replies

Apr 4, 2013 11:16 AM in response to dmoller

Still an issue (truncated notes in calendar items) in iOS 6.1.2 (iPhone 4) using Exchange account.

Have had this happen on various conference systems: WebEx, MeetingPlace, LiveMeeting.

Seems to be worse if the meeting request is not accepted...the "Show All Notes" does not become visible or the Notes are truncated to a level where it is not required. However, even accepting the meeting does not always happen quickly. I have accepted a meeting to try to get to the truncated info, and some time later...minutes to hour...the meeting will show the "Show All Notes" button. However, this is too late to make the call. Refreshing calendar and e-mail over and over does not seem to expedite!

Why truncate ever with capablilities of a iPhone?!?

Dec 24, 2014 7:05 AM in response to clickanywhere

I have experienced the same problem for which my IT department claims they've learned from Online Forums that this problem is caused when a calendar invitation is received on the iPhone first before hitting the Microsoft Outlook Calendar on your computer. Their solution is for me to turn off the calendar on my iPhone so that it will never receive any outlook meeting invitations. Since I've done that as of couple of weeks ago, all of the new meeting invitations I've received in my Outlook Calendar have complete information. Nothing is truncated anymore on the new meetings. In the case of previous meetings which are truncated, I've requested the sender to remove me from the meeting distribution list for the entire series (not just one occurrence of the meeting but the entire series) and then to re-add me back to that series such that I receive a completely new meeting invitation. That has resolved the problem of truncated notes content in my Outlook Calendar. However, not having the calendar on my Apple iPhone 5 is totally unacceptable and leaves me with a crippling feeling and having to rely on my laptop to look up meeting details for dialing into calls. This is like stepping back >10 years in technology! Hopefully some smart folks at Apple and Microsoft are working together to resolve this situation instead of pointing fingers at each other. Looking forward to a quick solution from Apple for this issue.

Dec 25, 2014 10:19 AM in response to hpurohit

I absolutely agree: Without a reliable calendar the iPhone is not acceptable as a business device.
I just changed from BlackBerry - I had to, since my company does no longer provide BlackBerry replacements. I'm really confident that with a little practice I will be able to hit the right letters while writing mails, that's absolutely on me. But if calendar sync is not working, what can I do about it? Here we rely on Apple's/Microsoft's help... or ask our company to change their mobile policy again...

Jan 16, 2015 6:46 AM in response to m-fab

I'm having the same problem. Calendar notes are truncated, removing important meeting connection information. The worst part is that it truncates the notes I see through Outlook as well. Corporate IT department says it is a known issue with iPhone and the only solution is to turn off calendar sync to the phone. This is a major problem for those of us who use the iPhone as a business tool. Apple, where are you with a fix?

Feb 7, 2015 9:56 AM in response to dmoller

I experience the same problem on IPhone 4s, running IOS 8.1.2. The version of the operating system doesn't actually matter: I had the same problem using IOS 6 and after the IOS 7 upgrade, as well as after passing to IOS 8. As far as I understand it's an issue of the Exchange connector, something borderline between Apple and Microsoft. I guess this seeing that there's no way to workaround the problem changing the calendar app.

It's really annoying, the solution I found is going back to the e-mail containing the invitation. This allows to get the entire message. Sometimes the message has been archived, or is among hudred of useless messages, so this is not that easy.

I think that IOS is unbeatable in managing e-mail, contacts and also the calendar, but this bug let me think that there's still a market for Microsoft phones.

Apr 10, 2015 7:05 AM in response to TRPQ

So we are having this issue BIG TIME at our company, but I have a question. Is this when employees accept the meeting on their iPhone? We have had users that have iPhones, that never opened the meeting request on their iPhone, accepted the meeting on their laptop in Outlook, and the meeting call-in info still goes missing. Anyone else having the same issue?

Apr 16, 2015 4:52 PM in response to SIRacer09

SIRacer09, I think I have the same issue as you are describing. Some users at my company, when they go into the outlook calendar to open up the meeting invite, the webex meeting info would be missing. It would look something like this:

XXXXX invites you to attend this online meeting.

Topic: LS Q1 Town Hall

Date: Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Time: 9:00 am, Pacific Daylight Time (San Francisco, GMT-07:00)

Meeting Number: 000 000 0000

Meeting Password: WeRock

-------------------------------------------------------

To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Normally there are the links and other info of the meeting there. But now its just ------------------------------ this.

To fix this, I had to tell the meeting organizer to resend the invite and it would be fixed.

Any ideas?

Has anyone seen an issue where meeting requests on the iphone get truncated in the notes field? We recently had an issue where a meeting invite with webex info was cut off in the notes field on the iphone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.