Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4.0.3 bug?

I often need to send files to Compressor directly from FCP X so that I can compress them using a QuickCluster.

Under 4.0.2 I had no problems (well... few problems). But under 4.0.3 the option to use my QuickCluster isn't there. It's there if I manually drag a file into the Compressor Batch window, rather than sending it from FCP X. And I still have the option to compress my FCP X file using "This Computer". But I can't use the QuickCluster: the option just isn't there in the pop-up menu when I submit the batch.

So I've re-installed 4.0.2, which works properly.

Anyone like to comment?

MST

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 12GB RAM

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 10:22 AM

56 replies

Apr 11, 2012 3:29 PM in response to Russ H

The update appears to have broken my Quickcluster setup also. I recently got a hi-def TV and a new ATV3 so I was glad to see the new settings for the ATV, then disappointed when I discovered my cluster was broken. It starts working then fails, this has happened with a 3 minute video and also a 90 minute video.

Reinstalling, restarting, resetting etc hasn't worked yet. I'm still working on it. If anyone has any other suggestions on what to try I'm open to it.

I'm using my Mac Pro as it's own cluster, no other computer involved.

I'll be trying a couple other things tomorrow. My next thing will be to create another admin account and try it from the new account.

Apr 12, 2012 8:16 AM in response to Martin S Taylor

I'm also having Cluster issues after upgrading to FCP X 4.0.3.

After upgrading to the latest versions of FCP X, Compressor and Motion, submitting to a Cluster (e.g. from FCP X, or from Compressor via "This Computer Plus") is no longer available. Did something change with Clusters? Also, Share Monitor no longer shows my Cluster.

Looking for suggestions, ideas...

Thanks!!

4.0.3 bug?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.