Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto 11 does not work at all

I have been trying to get my iPhoto to work and it is not responding to anything I do, it keeps telling me that I need to upgrade in order for it to work with this version of iPhoto and all it ever does is sit on a grey screen with the spinning beach ball. I have tried everything I can and it never does the upgrade and it does not respond to anything, it is unusable and Im afraid all of the thousands of photos I have saved on there will be erased. What do I do?

iPhoto '11, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 10:41 AM

6 replies

Apr 11, 2012 11:17 AM in response to LarryHN

It is the newest version of iPhoto 9.2.3

and I have a macbook version 10.6.8 OS X

I have done the contol and command buttons to rebuild the library and everything like that, I havent tried deleting the program itself, in fear of it deleting all of my photos, I do not have them backed up anywhere. I have done the updates and upgrades and still nothing has worked and Im not sure what else I should do to fix it.

Apr 11, 2012 1:56 PM in response to CalissaColada1

Download iPhoto Library Manager and use its rebuild function. This will create a new library based on data in the albumdata.xml file. Not everything will be brought over - no slideshows, books or calendars, for instance - but it should get all your albums and keywords back.

Because this process creates an entirely new library and leaves your old one untouched, it is non-destructive, and if you're not happy with the results you can simply return to your old one.

Apr 11, 2012 10:20 PM in response to Yer_Man

Terence,

I tried loading an iLife '11 Replacement DVD from Apple onto my 27" iMac OSX Version 10.6.8 and now am unable to access my iPhoto, getting a message saying: You can't open the application iPhoto because it may be damaged or incomplete.

Looking at my iPhoto under About this Mac>more info>Software>Applications>iPhoto there is a big blank for Version and Kind sayng last Modified was 4/6/12, the day I tried loading the disc, and No for 64-Bit (intel).

Would you or anyone have any suggestions?

iPhoto 11 does not work at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.