Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photo stream not syncing

my photo stream is not syncing

Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 4:53 PM

13 replies

Jan 19, 2014 9:33 PM in response to Keithibse

I have had my photostream stop updating on my windows 8 pc twice. I got it to work again twice. The first answer I found on one of the threads here (I don't know where). I think it stopped the first time because the default folder changed names from Photostream to Icloud photos, so it really was updating but in a new folder.

I am using an iphone 5 and Windows 8.1

It stopped working again on January 3rd .... I found another way to restart the updating through this link:http://www.tinkertry.com/fix-the-issue-where-you-upgrade-to-windows-8-1-then-you r-photo-stream-stops-updating/ (also from Apple Communities)

It is a good link because it has a video where you delete some apple processes and a folder to restart the updating. I decided to try my 2 methods first:

• Unchecking and checking (didn't work) the photostream update in the iCloud panel
  • Signing out of iCloud (on the panel), restarted the computer and then signed into iCloud again. This takes some time and somehow I have 166 reminders syncing to outlook now,...but my photostream is updating again.

When it works, it's seamless, but when it doesn't it seems that you need to manually restart the connection.

photo stream not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.