Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to assign places in iPhoto 11

When I follow the instructions: Select an Event, Open Info, Click on Assign Location : what comes up is the instruction page again, a world map with a yellow note attached with a pin.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), refurb 2/2011 model,+ 2007 MBP 10.6

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 4:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2012 10:23 AM

Okay, I finally figured this out. For those who are also having this problem (there are other threads on it): we are just clicking in the wrong place! Do NOT click on the little circle with an arrow inside that appears to the right of the text "Assign a place". That goes to the post-it note.

Instead click on the text itself, to reveal a text entry box. That is where you can type a location or lat/long coordinates.

Sorry, Apple, this aspect of your usually clear UI was not clear to some of us. Maybe the text should say, "Enter Place Here".

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2012 10:23 AM in response to Cynthia Cheney

Okay, I finally figured this out. For those who are also having this problem (there are other threads on it): we are just clicking in the wrong place! Do NOT click on the little circle with an arrow inside that appears to the right of the text "Assign a place". That goes to the post-it note.

Instead click on the text itself, to reveal a text entry box. That is where you can type a location or lat/long coordinates.

Sorry, Apple, this aspect of your usually clear UI was not clear to some of us. Maybe the text should say, "Enter Place Here".

unable to assign places in iPhoto 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.