Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem changing event name or keywords in iPhoto '11

Hi folks, staring to use iPhoto to organize my photos (obviously loll)... Having trouble when I change the name of an event, when I start typing after clicking the name, characters are input correctly but sudenly the event name exit from the modifying state... as if I had type "enter" to finish the modification... Does the same thing if I try to enter keywords... if I enter a new one and for exemple only presses a few "a" eventually after a couple of it it does "enter" by itself...

Anyone knows about this? I'm using a MacBook Pro 17" with Lion, latest iPhoto, and in french.

Thanks

Simon

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.7.3), French version

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 5:18 PM

20 replies

Apr 17, 2012 7:44 AM in response to Yer_Man

Problem seems to be there also... Same for the keyword problems. Other problem I also have with accent characters is that if I type a word in the keyword, which contains an "é" for example, the first time the keyword is created it types it ok, but all next times with this keyword the "é" changes for one with two "slash" on it instead of one... (will try to paste it later)... I have to chose the word in the choice it gives me (of previously entered keywords).

Jul 2, 2012 11:36 AM in response to Old Toad

It is happening to me in the English version and it is VERY frustrating. I did use an ampersand with no problem. Basically, I have to type one letter (then it exits me out of editing), reenter editing and type another letter (then it exits me out of editing), reenter editing...you get the picture. Hopefully, somebody can find a solution.

Also, I watched the tutorials on-line on how to use iPhoto and the "buttons" they use (on the screen) don't appear on my iPhoto '11. Really weird.

Jul 2, 2012 12:01 PM in response to ecbarger

Try this basic troubleshooting fix: make a temporary, backup copy (if you don't already have a backup copy) of the library and try the following:

1 - delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your

User/Home(User uploaded file)/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete iPhoto's cache file, Cache.db, that is located in your

User/Home(User uploaded file)/Library/Caches/com.apple.iPhoto folder.

User uploaded file

Click to view full size

3 - launch iPhoto and try again.

NOTE: If you're moved your library from its default location in your Home/Pictures folder you will have to point iPhoto to its new location when you next open iPhoto by holding down the Option key when launching iPhoto. You'll also have to reset the iPhoto's various preferences.

Aug 5, 2013 12:55 PM in response to xpurpur

I wish my (same) problem also solved itself after a restart.

No foreign languages, preferences and cache recently refreshed, library repaired, etc... and STILL when I try to type a new event name into the header at the top of an event in the main iPhoto window, it decides arbitarily that I have finished typing the name way before I have actually finished. Nimble fingers, multiple attempts and staying well clear of the trackpad usually means that I can get the event name in eventually, but it's a right royal faff sometimes.

Problem changing event name or keywords in iPhoto '11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.