Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Folders

Is there any way for me to organize my email into folders? Right now my mail is simply listed newest first and is very unorganized making it difficult to use. If I could set up folders that I could put mail in, that would be perfect. Any help is appreciated!

iPhone 4S, Windows Vista

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 7:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 7:43 PM

If you have an IMAP account, then you can create the folders on your e-mail server and they will be on your iphone.

If you have a POP account, then you cannot.

5 replies

Jul 26, 2012 9:42 AM in response to Shadow90170

If you have mail app set to access all your email accounts (including POP) then in Mail accounts select All Inboxes, select the message you wish to move to a folder. Select the Folder icon at the top of the screen. Select Accounts, Select Gmail (this is set with a number of folders but you can add new ones as required) now select the required folder from the list and your email (regardless of type) will move to that folder.

There does not appear to be a way of creating additional folders for the POP account but at least you will not have everything stored in your inbox.

Feb 14, 2014 4:50 AM in response to th1680

Hi,

I have a hotmail account which I access using Mail on the desktop and iPhone. When I accessed through the hotmail web page I set up various folders. These appear on my iphone but NOT the desktop. How do I get these folder(with contents) to appear on my desktop mail? I am not sure if have have IMAP or POP but POP does appear when I look through the settings. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rick

Mail Folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.