Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Add to Audition" grayed out

I have a multicam clip that I created and is edited by varioius angles in the timeline. However, there is a section of it I wan to possible replace with a re-do of that section. I have a seperate multicam clip ready to go and I want to use the audition feature.

I first too the section of the clip in the timeline I wanted to have as an audition option and made it made it a new compound clip. When I attempt to drop in the second clip ontop of it to create an audition, I get the white overlay and drop the clip onto it. However, the context menu comes up will not allow me to use teh clip as an audition. "Add to Audition" and "Replace and Add to Audition" are both grayed out.

What am I doing wrong? How do I add the clip to create and audion between the two clips? It shoudln't matter that they are multicam, shoudl it?

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 9:18 PM

3 replies

Apr 11, 2012 10:42 PM in response to andynick

I think I need to clarify the situation. There is no additional "Angle" to add. Its a completely different clip. Using another clip to audition against another clip doesn't defeat the object at all.

I had three cameras recording a clip which were combined into a single multicam clip, no prob. The subject (doing a sort of how-to video) explained a process one way. However, after we compelted that filming, we decided to do that section over and have the subject explain it another way. So I made a second multicam clip. They are not sure which one they will like better. So I have multi-clip #1 and multi-clip #2. Two compeltely different recordings (just each utilizing multi-camera instead of a single camera clip). mc#1 and mc#2 don't share anything in common. Thus I want to be able to audition one edited multicamera clip #1 against multicamera clip #2.

I was able to get it to work IF I select the clip in the timeline (#1) and select Duplicate As Audition. Then it created an identical copy and for some reason, then I can drop the new clip (#2) on top and it allows me to add it to the auditon. Then I just delete the un-needed copy. Not sure why that worked, but it does. Now I have both #1 and #2 mc clips availanble for audioion. Gotta be an easier way. But at least it works.

"Add to Audition" grayed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.