Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Use my 27'' Cinema display with my Pc ?

I have just purchased a 27" apple cinema display which i am wanting to use with my gaming Pc

After trolling the internet i cant find any help on how to get the mini display port cable on the screen to convert to use my hdmi on the graphics card on my pc but im sure there must be a way.

Any help would be much appreciated

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 5:10 AM

4 replies

Apr 12, 2012 3:04 PM in response to Apple me baby

I have just purchased a 27" apple cinema display which i am wanting to use with my gaming Pc

The mini-displayport version or the thunderbolt version? If it's the TB version then the only think you can connect that to is a TB source. There are no converters or adapters available.

As for adapters, they are not bi-directional. So you cannot use the one you linked to. That is for connecting a mini-displayport source to a hdmi device.

Apr 13, 2012 5:12 PM in response to Apple me baby

The best option would be to get a graphics card with a Mini DisplayPort (or DisplayPort plus the right adapter) output if your current card doesn't have it - make sure you check online which cards work with the ACD though as there were some ATI 57xx ones that didn't even though they had Mini DisplayPort outputs for instance. I'm using this display with a Radeon 4890 that has DisplayPort plus a DisplayPort to Mini DisplayPort adapter.

Use my 27'' Cinema display with my Pc ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.