5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 12, 2012 11:49 AM by BDAqua
upctry2 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

HI,

I have a dual g4 that I was running as a print server and it died. So I have a power PC dual G5 that I am going to replace it with running Tiger

because of the software I need to run on it.   I am on my newtork because I can browse the web and in networks I can see the name of the server,

but when I click connect I get the spinning beach ball and nothing, What am i missing?

Thanks

Martin

• BDAqua Level 10 Level 10 (119,395 points)

Hi Martin,

Is the Server set to only allow certain Users in somehow?

Do you know the IPs of the two?

Is this via Airport or Ethernet?

• upctry2 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks for the tip... I pinged the server than went to connect to and loged in and up came the drives I needed.

Thanks for the help.

Have a great day

Martin

Great news thanks!

Mount that Share once, then once the Globe Icon shows up on the Desktop, drag that Globe Icon to the right side of the Dock between Applications & Trash. You now have a Dynamic Mount, a quick click on the Icon in the Dock will connect you.

On the multiple Shortcuts...

Mount them all, when show up on the Desktop, then create a new Folder maybe named Shares on/in the Desktop, drag all those Shares shown on the Desktop to that Folder, (you can even rename them once there, if you wish), drag that Folder to the right side of the Dock between Applications & Trash, this should give you a popup menu to select from.:-)

• upctry2 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Already done...thanks again.