Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

migration assistant mac to mac email

Migration assistant is not moving over my email files.

More specifically: Mac A is an iMac in California running osx 10.6.8. It's been running Time Machine backups to an external drive. I stopped Time Machine, ejected the drive, shut down Mac A and moved to Maryland.

In Maryland there's Mac B, a Pro running osx 10.6.8. It was last used on October 1, 2011 and shut down. I started up Mac B, installed all software updates, and plugged in the external drive that I brought over from Mac A.

Ran Migration Assistant from a new temporary account with admin privileges. I asked it to move all files (i.e. checked all four boxes) from account X on Mac A to account X on Mac B (that is, the accounts have the same name). Seems like the Documents folder was transferred OK. But my email folders on Mac B contain nothing from Mac A ... its most recent contents are Oct. 1 2011.

What might be going on here? Do I have any other option except copying folders manually, and what other files might have been missed this way? As an example, I have thousands of photos that are managed by Lightroom, and I'm afraid to think of the headache ahead. Thanks!

Mac Pro, Macbook Pro, ipod Touch, Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 7:34 AM

There are no replies.

migration assistant mac to mac email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.