Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have Leopard loaded but have not upgraded to Lion. I want to use iCloud but can I wait for the next upgrade, miss out on Lion and still get the software for iCloud?

I have Leopard loaded but have not upgraded to Lion. I want to use iCloud but can I wait for the next upgrade, miss out on Lion and still get the software for iCloud?

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 10:52 AM

iCloud will be present in Mountain Lion, the version of OS X that will replace Lion sometime this summer. You will still need to have at least Snow Leopard 10.6.8 installed to purchase Mountain Lion from the App Store.

4 replies

Apr 12, 2012 10:58 AM in response to williamrstephens

First off your signature is impossible. 10.6.8 will not run on any Powerbook, let alone Lion (10.7). 10.6.8 is Snow Leopard, and not Leopard. iCloud options for those still stuck with 10.5 or 10.6 are listed below:

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-2551

Windows compatible with iCloud will not run on Powerbooks, but will on MacBooks, MacBook Airs, and MacBook Pros. No one knows if waiting for Mountain Lion will offer any better chances. And while many have hoped for a 10.6.9 compatible with iCloud since 10.7's release, no info has ever officially materialized that it would ever exist.

Some additional notes:

Powerbooks max out on 10.5.8 (Leopard)

MacBook/Pro with just CoreSolo or CoreDuo can't run 10.7 (Lion) or higher, however can run a version of Windows compatible with iCloud,

and are stuck with 10.6.8 Snow Leopard as their highest Mac OS X.

MacBook/Pro/Air with Core2Duo or higher are able to run Lion and get the full compliment of iCloud features without Windows.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.