Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove This solved my question

I said something solved my question by mistake. How can I undo that?

iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 12:10 PM

13 replies

Dec 10, 2015 8:15 AM in response to Kurt Lang

Eeeek!

Do you know something 'secret', Kurt?

The forums are 'running' on JiveSoftware that has been Heavily Modified from stock (not to make a race car, but to make it a Baby Buggy) by a group of Apple employees known affectionately as the Apple Jive Team... search at Apple Jobs for the term "Jive" to see where all the job locations might be (Goggle will work as well [ apple jobs jive ]

Dec 10, 2015 8:58 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

Apple contracted out the operation and maintenance of the forum for ASC (nee AD) several years ago. Apple also uses Jive software for other forums that they operate that are not open to the general public and are different than the version used here but they have maybe 1% of the users and activity. The jobs you are probably for those forums. The modifications made along the way have been at one time based on a committee of users, the next time based upon Apple employees and always with an eye to handle the very high load and make it palatable to new users (the last update was based upon the many surveys that were popping up and you could tell by the questions they were aimed at people needing help not those giving help). I doubt the intent to make it either a race car or a baby buggy has ever been part of the equation.

Dec 10, 2015 12:24 PM in response to deggie

deggie wrote:

I'm not sure a bug that has appeared off and on for years is sign of a change of usage. I've not had any trouble with notifications for the past few days. And I would think not being able to remove assignment of helpful and solved is a policy decision.

I can only speak to active participation since late May 2014

- this Greenie/Goldie not being marked in the thread (or on the forum list) is absolutely new to me since that time. It may be nothing to do with an effort to modify the Award System - or it could.

Email notices are intermittent for me ongoing for weeks. I follow Using ASC and sometimes miss the OP but then get the replies - sometimes miss several replies on that thread. I have abandoned the notification method as a reliable part of my chosen WorkFlow - I get what I get, I guess.

Yes. I see pros and cons for either position.

At bottom, it is "not broken" to be irrevocable - but "is broken" not displaying the awards.

Remove This solved my question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.