Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do I download Java for OS X Lion 2012-003?

I've read this online article about Java for OS X Lion 2012-003, but I do not see where I can download and install it. Any idea where it can be downloaded?

Lion-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 2:59 PM

1 reply

Apr 12, 2012 4:11 PM in response to Karry Kelley

To install software updates on OS X:  > Software Update

If the Apple Java update is not offered, then you don't have Java installed (and Java is not installed by default on 10.7), or you're on a release of OS X prior to 10.6 (no patch available), or you're using a local Software Update Server or local Reposado server and it hasn't cached the Apple upate yet. (And if you don't know what the Software Update Server or Reposado servers provide, then you're probably not one of those.)

Here's the most recent Apple update on this: About the security content of Java for OS X 2012-003 and Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 8 (HT5247)

This particular Java 2012-003 download apparently hasn't reached the Apple downloads servers yet, based on some of the chatter, so there's not yet a place to download it other than via Software Update. (And that assumes you need the patch, and many folks - those without Java installed - don't need it.)

Where do I download Java for OS X Lion 2012-003?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.