Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple DVD player and cinema display - how to get a full screen picture

I am trying to watch a DVD using cinema display. Every time I attempt to select view in full screen, the picture slides across back to the laptop. I can use 'fit to screen' but that is not ideal, and not as good as fully screen (it has borders around it).

Has anyone encountered this problem and have any suggestions?

I'm using a 2011 MacBook Pro, running iOS 10.7.1 (it's brand new as of last week). The cinema display is pre-thunderbolt.

27 inch cinema display -OTHER

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 3:39 PM

6 replies

May 22, 2012 6:17 AM in response to grantliddell

DVD player defaults to the primary display. I don't believe you can change it to the secondary display, however you can change which display is the primary one.

To do this open up preferances > displays. Under the arangement tab it shows the position of the two displays and the primary display has a white bar at the top. Click the white bar, hold it for a second or two and then drag it onto the display you wish to become the primary.

Then DVD player will default to the selected primary screen when using full-screen mode.

If I didn't explain that process here's a link to an explaination with images:

http://osxdaily.com/2010/04/27/set-the-primary-display-mac/

Hope that helps. 😀

Apple DVD player and cinema display - how to get a full screen picture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.