Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes match will NOT display playlist (iPhone 4 8gb white at&t)

Hello.

iTunes Match WILL work on any device I've attached it to (2 iMacs and an iPhone 4s), however the white iPhone 4 (8gb AT&T) WILL NOT display any playlist that are on the computer (that show up on my iPhone 4s).

User uploaded file User uploaded file
All albums and artist seem to appear
(the libaray has 20,921 songs)

but if i click playlist the screen is blank.

All the account information matches.

I've turned off and on Music Match. I've resetored the phone entirely and set it up as a new iphone with out a back up and i'm still running in to the same issue.

Please help!

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 5:28 PM

62 replies

Apr 14, 2012 7:33 AM in response to Michael Allbritton

Michael,

I can't help it BSG got me hooked!!!

I tried that and I turned off iTunes Match and everything, however 8 hours later the music in the cloud is still showing on the iphone (and playable). Even though (according to the settings and iTunes) it's no longer connected to the cloud and syncing locally. I even disassoicated the iPhone from the account in iTunes and it still has access to the cloud (which is off).

I also went in to general, usage and for music it says "no data" so nothing is physically on the phone but it wont seem to clear. This is the second time i've run into this issue and priopr to this I did a factory restore and set it up as a new iPhone.... I can send you screen shots if that would help..?

😕

Apr 14, 2012 11:57 AM in response to dteore

Ok, let's try something....

Turn off iTunes Match on the iPhone. Leave it plugged into power (or your computer) and let Music clear the local DB. Then when the iTunes shows you the iPhone is able to be synced, turn off all music syncing and click the Apply button. Then sync a few songs to the iPhone (maybe just one album). After that unsync the music, and unselect the "sync music" option and click Apply.

After doing all this turn iTunes Match back on and let Music download the data from the server. Let us know how this works out.

Apr 19, 2012 1:08 PM in response to Michael Allbritton

Hey Michael sorry for the delay.

I tried that and let it go over night for a full 8 hours plugged in and no luck. I tried doing this on my iPhone 4s as well ( a whole reset) and now my playlist from theri are gone as well - asll though all music artist, albums , and songs are loaded. I also want to note that when I turned off the Music match and turn it back on I did get the iCloud status if you tapped artist, songs, and albums - however if you tapped playlist it would just stay blank. This happens every time music match is turned on and off. So i'm starting to thing its iOs 5.01.

I did get my iPhone 4s at an At&T store and loaded it the same day (just a few weeks ago) it loaded my playlist and everything was fine then I updated the phone. I've read a lot of recent issues and I'm just hoping that this will be address in an iOS update because its' the same issue now on 2 different phones.

Apr 22, 2012 6:01 AM in response to Michael Allbritton

Michael,

I have 3 computers (2 iMacs and a Macbook Pro) and 2 iPhone on iTunes Match. I disabled all of their authorizations in the iTunes store. I went in to each phone and disabled iTunes Match (after switching it to off I was still able to see the music and play it, the only way I was able to not display it was to enable it and switch off the setting saying "show all music in the cloud". This is an issue on both the iPhone 4s and the iPhone 4. The only way to prevent the music from playing from the cloud even with iTunes match disabled was to sign out of the iTunes store)

So i disabled all devices from the cloud for over an hour and re enabled it. The "cloud" came up in Music and everything reloaded on the phones, except the playlist. 😕

I did not experience this issue on the computer (everything repopulated).

I also just wanted to say Thank you Michael for helping me trying to sort this out. I really appreciate your responses.🙂

iTunes match will NOT display playlist (iPhone 4 8gb white at&t)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.