Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot upload an image: Permissions issue?

One software says I cannot upload an image because the image or the container folder does not have permission. Indeed there is one "unknown" in permissions, that I cannot get to a read write no matter how hard I try -- both on the folder, the desktop, and the file (this is all on my laptop) I've done a repair permission. I'm out of ideas. thanks!

And this unknown will not delete, I've tried and tried.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), imac 27"

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 8:22 PM

I Believe that unknown is from some Migration that had a UUID that does not exist on yjis Install, normally the first user is UUID 501, 502 for the next & so on, say this unknown user was 503 on the other Disk/Mac, then this Mac has no idea who 503 is or what to do with it.

Just thought of this, but you my be able to get rid of it by creating a new account or 2, & getting rid of them after removing unknown. 🙂

Still, that isn't the problem here unless maybe they're the only owner or user with R&W rights.

What is, where is this folder & what rights does who have?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2012 8:22 PM in response to kevs55

I Believe that unknown is from some Migration that had a UUID that does not exist on yjis Install, normally the first user is UUID 501, 502 for the next & so on, say this unknown user was 503 on the other Disk/Mac, then this Mac has no idea who 503 is or what to do with it.

Just thought of this, but you my be able to get rid of it by creating a new account or 2, & getting rid of them after removing unknown. 🙂

Still, that isn't the problem here unless maybe they're the only owner or user with R&W rights.

What is, where is this folder & what rights does who have?

Cannot upload an image: Permissions issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.