Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 4GB says I have 2.1 GB of "Other" Content

All I have downloaded for my iPod is music, but it says I have 2.1 GB of "other" content that I can't seem to find. I cannot download any other songs to my iPod because of this other content. I have recently switched computers. I used my iPod on an old desktop that kept crashing. I would reset my desktop to factory settings, erasing my iPod. Every time, I just started over with new iTunes and music. A few months ago I was ejecting my iPod in a rush and didn't wait for it to disconnect before taking it. My iPod completely erased itself, every time I tried to add songs after that it would not accept them. I got a new laptop, so I decided to reset my iPod and try again. Everything was well until this "other" content showed up; it wasn't always there.

What could it be and how can I get rid of it?

If it helps at all, I have an old nano, I believe it was 2nd generation. It's more squared than most nanos and is a 4 GB. I've had it for a while now, probably around 4 years? Somewhere around that time.

iPod nano, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 8:15 PM

1 reply

Apr 20, 2012 7:45 PM in response to sarahbearrr

Sorry, this is iPod Classic community forum, hence the poor response to you nano problem. You can post this in the Nano community. forum

However, your OTHER could be data, that was put there in DiskMode, so you got to get into Disk Mode, plug it to the PC and erase those data.

If you have an iPod nano (6th generation)

1. Before placing the iPod into Disk Mode, verify that it has a charge.
  2. Reset the device by pressing the Sleep and Volume Down buttons simultaneously until the display turns black. This should take about eight seconds.
  3. When the display turns black, hold down the Volume Down and Volume Up buttons simultaneously until the device enters Disk mode.

Additional Information

To return iPod to its normal operating state, reset it.

Have a nice day!

My 4GB says I have 2.1 GB of "Other" Content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.