Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Producer upload error

I've got a 41.2MB iBook I'm trying to upload using iTunes Producer. I've got a book, sample book, cover art and 5 screenshots. At the delivery screen, I get text at the top that says Validation Completed. I hit the deliver button, the barber pole starts and I get text saying validating metadata with the iTunes Store, validating assets with the iTunes Store, negotiating, validating assets with the iTunes Store, validating metadata with the iTunes Store, then I get an error, and when I send it to Apple I get this summary:

Package Summary:

1 package(s) were not uploaded because they had problems:

/Users/Rock/Music/iTunes Producer/Playlists/9780615628196.itmsp - Error Messages:

An error has occurred during the upload.

An exception has occurred: The operation timed out.

Transfer error.

An exception has occurred: The transport has been detected as having failed and has been aborted. Please try again.

An error occurred while uploading the files to Apple's remote server.

An error occurred while uploading the package 9780615628196.itmsp.

Apple's web service operation was not successful

Unable to authenticate the package: 9780615628196.itmsp

ERROR ITMS-9000: "java.lang.Error: Internal error: java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: bundle schema/20/rng/opf.rng" at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)

Two days ago I got this message from Apple:

Thank you for contacting iBookstore Publisher Support.

We appreciate your report of this error in iTunes Producer. Our team is aware of this issue and is currently working towards a resolution. You will be notified by email once it is resolved.

Thank you for your patience.

Then today, I got this from Apple:

The attached list of items did not upload successfully to the iTunes Store. If you still want to make these items available to customers, you will need to retry the uploads.

Regards,

The iTunes Store Team

I've read some stuff in the forums and I see a lot of problems with video but my book has none of that. It's text and a lot of aviaiton historical photos and artwork, with two gallery widgets. Nothing fancy.

Anybody have any advice? I'd change the book if I need to but I don't have a clue as to what's causing the problem...

Rocketman

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 8:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 8:35 PM

This problem and possible solutions are discussed in these two threads:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3845533?answerId=18048796022#18048796022

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3862385?answerId=18078085022#18078085022

Michi.

8 replies

Apr 13, 2012 3:05 PM in response to Rocky Rakoon

I got a reply from iBookstore support that fixed me right up. My issue was not a JAVA issue. Here's what they sent:

You can make an update to your settings in iTunes Producer to avoid this issue.

1. Open iTunes Producer

2. From the iTunes Producer menu, open Preferences.

3. Click on the icon for Advanced settings at the right side of the screen.

4. Uncheck the box next to Signiant.

5. Close settings and reattempt your delivery.

You will be notified by email once Signiant is available again.

Once I did that, my book delivered on the first try. I'm fixed and thanks to Apple.

Rocketman

iTunes Producer upload error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.