Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flashback Trojan

I tried to install Java for OS via the latest update and it said it couldn't install because it may have been corrupted. How do I know I have Java and any help? I am ultimately trying to protect my computer against Flashback. Is there any way of knowing you have the malware on your computer?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 9:03 PM

1 reply

Apr 12, 2012 9:06 PM in response to Hazza14

Ignore the error message and choose to Open the installer. If you are running Lion and never downloaded and installed Java, then you do not need to install the update. If you open Software Update and no updates are available you do not need the update.

Helpful Links Regarding Flashback Trojan

A link to a great User Tip about the trojan: Flashback Trojan User Tip

A related link in the tip to a checker: Malware Checker Dowload Link

Another excellent reference on malware: Mac Malware Guide

A Google search can reveal a variety of alternatives on how the remove the trojan should your computer get infected. This can get you started.

Checking for and removing the "Flashback" trojan

Kaspersky Flashback Trojan Site:Flashback Trojan Detection and Removal

F-Secure Tool: Flashback Removal Tool

Also see Apple's article About Flashback malware.

Flashback Trojan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.