Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does audio fade when I cut my video in FCPX

I have the weirdest phenomenon:

every time I want to make a cut in my video, using blade, the audio fades out where I made the cut and then fades in again.

I have been searching everywhere I can, but find no solution.

Why is it doing this? How can I prevent this?

I want to edit my video without the audio getting all messed up with unwanted fades.

Please help if you can.

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 13, 2012 2:02 AM

3 replies

Apr 13, 2012 4:12 AM in response to davidsorensen

Hi

i had a similar problem (maybe). I had animated the opactiy of a layer at either end. Then later I extend the clip to be longer. The fades were still at the end as expected, but there was also a dip to black in the middle of the clip where the end had been before extending. I simply jigged the end fade and the spurious one in the middle disappeared.

So i wonder have you put fades on any end by dragging the level handle at the end of the drawn clip? maybe its reproducing those to your new clips, making it sound like it fading in and out.

hth

adam

Apr 13, 2012 4:35 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

No transitions, nothing at all. Indeed, I should not be getting fades, that's why I am so frustrated with this.

I figured this is some sort of weird bug that suddenly 'appeared', so I deleted FCPX, trashed the preferences with Preference Manager, and re-installed it from the App Store.

Now it doesn't happen anymore, BUT some other weird thing happens:

NOW... the audio from the second half of the clip suddenly drops down, it becomes much more silent. The first half stays the same, no problem. But the audio of the second half of the clip just drops down to very silent. You suddenly see all the waveforms go down.

What is going on here? This kind fo nonsense should not be happening!

hansk for helping me bust the demons out of FCPX ;-)

Why does audio fade when I cut my video in FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.