5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2013 5:43 AM by MadamC
Roger Lier1 Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

I have been having intermittent trouble with my USB ports on my Early 2011 MBP 13" i7. One port was dead. This started when I upgraded to Lion from Snow Leopard. In order to see if the problem was with the installation of Lion, I cloned my drive with Lion 10.7.3 on it and then reinstalled Snow Leopard OS from the disks that came with the computer. The problem disappeared. I restored the clone of my drive with Lion on it and the problem did not occur again... right away. Now after a day of using the computer with the restored clone with Lion on it, the problem cropped up again, but not as bad as it was before. The port stopped working, but when I unplugged the device and plugged it in again, the port worked.

I am wondering if this could be a driver issue. I just happened to notice that iTunesHelper has a Yellow Warning triangle in the Login Items window in the Accounts System preferences. And Kind is listed as Unknown. In another MBP 13" I use at work, that has Lion 10.7.3 on it, iTunesHelper has Kind listed as Application with no yellow warning triangle.

Is this something to be concerned about?

Screen Shot 2012-04-13 at 7.11.39 AM.png

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), MBP 13" i7 Early 2011