Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When using Match; how does my iPhone get music when on an aircraft?

eg: WiFi and Cellular are both off.

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Apr 13, 2012 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2012 8:30 AM

It doesn't. The music will need to be pre-downloaded to the iPhone before turning on Airplane Mode. This will require some pre-planning on your part.

12 replies

Apr 13, 2012 12:26 PM in response to Michael Allbritton

My pre-planning has been to download all my playlists to my iPhone; just as I have done with my iPad. However, that is not working on my iPhone 4 (it does work on my iPad 2). AppleCare told me this morning to turn off Match and then turn it back on. Well; that did not work at all. I think I will keep Match enabled on my Mac but disable it on my iPhone.

Apr 15, 2012 9:29 AM in response to davemabe

Let's back up.

When you turn on iTunes Match on your iPhone how long does it take for the Albums, Artists and Playlists to show up on the device? It should take more than just a few minutes. Album artwork will take a little longer.

Once you've got the database on the iPhone, and all the tracks, albums and artists have cloud icons next to them, what do you do next? Start downloading from the playlists? Is this where you are getting hung up? Downloading hundreds of tracks can take several hours. Even over night as you suggest.

When using Match; how does my iPhone get music when on an aircraft?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.