Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal server error "500"

Hi, iCal was functionig great till yesterday whe an error message pop-up. It is in spanish but I hope someone can help me.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Apr 13, 2012 9:11 AM

1 reply

Oct 21, 2013 10:17 PM in response to danalvarez72

I had this problem on OSX server 10.6.8 and a couple of users sharing their calendars thru iCal.

After a Time machine backup restore, the owner names were altered on the /Library/CalendarServer/ and thus the user were not able to write their local machine cache content onto the server.

The problem was probably triggered by alteration of folder (& content) permissions, so the Admin can see the file contents and identify the user's calendar data for restore.

It appears that the folder owner has to be specifically "_calendar"; allowing Owner Group Others full Read Write rights was NOT able to circumvent this permissions issue.

I also reset the user's passwords, turned on / off the ical server, emptied the ~/Library/Calendars/Calendar Cache, as mentioned elsewhere but that did not help.

Your mileage may vary, and as always, make backups and take precautions before proceeding.

iCal server error "500"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.