Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error message "Unable to generate a public / private key pair for new supervision certificate."

I keep getting the error message "Unable to generate a public / private key pair for new supervision certificate." when I try and load a profile in to apple configuratior. Even if it is a profile I just made up on the spot! Any ideas ??

iPad, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 13, 2012 1:06 PM

2 replies

May 18, 2012 10:42 PM in response to mattme33

I think I may have a fix for this issue. I had this problem on two different OS X machines both running Lion and Apple Configurator. The issue appears to be related to something broken in the key chain. Exactly what, I do not know and may vary from system to system. I repaired my key chain, closed and re-opened Apple Configurator and was good to go.

Follow these steps:

1 .Go to Applications -> Utilities -> Key Chain Access

2. From the Keychain Access menubar item, select "Keychain First Aid."

3. Enter your credentials and click "Verify." If any issues are detected, which I suspect you will have at least one, proceed to the next step. If not, maybe this isn't your issue afterall 🙂

4. Enter your credentials again and select "Repair."

5. Open Apple Configurator and retry!

I hope this fixes your issue, it worked twice for me.

error message "Unable to generate a public / private key pair for new supervision certificate."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.