Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration Assistant

I just got a macbook. I used the migration assistant to tranfer files from my PC to my new mac and I can't access the account. It says the password has expired and that I need to create a new one but I can't change the password because my password isn't working. How can I access that user account. I don't want to do much on this user account because I know you can't merge two accounts....

MacBook Pro, iOS 5.1

Posted on Apr 13, 2012 1:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2012 1:49 PM

How to reset a login password (Lion):

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.7/en/mh35902.html

Reset password using Lion Recovery

If you bought a brand new Mac with Lion pre-installed, it includes a recovery partition with various system recovery tools. One of them allows you to reset your Mac’s password:

1. Shut down your Mac and turn it back on while holding down the and R keys at the same time until you see the Lion Recovery screen.
  2. From the menu bar at the top, select Utilities > Terminal.
  3. In the Terminal window type resetpassword and press Enter.
  4. Use the Reset Password utility to select your startup volume, choose your user account, and enter a new password.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2012 1:49 PM in response to lexifica

How to reset a login password (Lion):

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.7/en/mh35902.html

Reset password using Lion Recovery

If you bought a brand new Mac with Lion pre-installed, it includes a recovery partition with various system recovery tools. One of them allows you to reset your Mac’s password:

1. Shut down your Mac and turn it back on while holding down the and R keys at the same time until you see the Lion Recovery screen.
  2. From the menu bar at the top, select Utilities > Terminal.
  3. In the Terminal window type resetpassword and press Enter.
  4. Use the Reset Password utility to select your startup volume, choose your user account, and enter a new password.

Migration Assistant

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.